martedì 17 agosto 2010

Making sentences

This is from The Diary of a Wimpy Kids

Thursday

Tonight Mom came up to my room, and she had a flyer on her hand. As soon as I saw it, I knew EXACTLY what it was.

--new sentences--
Last night I went out with him, and he had someone with him. As soon as I saw her, I knew EXACTLY who she is.

Last Sunday, Miranda called me on skype, and she said she had something to say. As soon as I hear that, I knew EXACTLY what she wants.

Last night Mom came up to my room, she was holding a invitation card on her hand. As soon I saw it, I knew EXACTLY what it was.

It was an announcement that the school is having tryouts for a winter play. Man, I should have thrown that thing out when I saw it on the kitchen table.

--New sentences--

It was a wedding invitation that Tina and her rich boyfriend is going to tie the knot. Shoot, I should have thrown that out, when I saw it on the kitchen table.

It was a fined that I park the car in the front of some stores. Pff, I should have thrown that out when I saw it on the front door.

I BEGGED her not to make me sign up. Those school plays are always musicals and the last thing I need is to have to sing a solo in front of the whole school.

But all my begging seemed to do was make Mom more sure I should do it.

Mom said the only way I was going to be "well-rounded" was by trying different things.

Dad came in my room to see what was going on. I told Dad that Mom was making me sign up for the school play, and that if I had to start going to play practices, it would totally mess up my weight-lifting schedule.

I knew that would make Dad take my side. Dad and Mom argued for a few minutes, but Dad was no match for Mom.

So that means tomorrow I've got to audition for my school play.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento